Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goodbye Yellow and Green...So Long You Quack of a Duck...

boulder craigslist>for sale/wanted>miscellaneous items

UNIVERSITY OF OREGON STUFF - $0 (NORTH BOULDER)
_________________________________________________________________________

For all you local University of Oregon students and alums and anyone else for that matter who loves yellow, green, ducks or any of these three things in combination:

Yours for whoever wants it. Heck, it's for anyone or ones who are willing to come by and dig through four large boxes of University of Oregon stuff on short notice. The cost: FREE. Yours for the taking. Please, take it. Just do it by midnight tomorrow because The Hubby comes home the following day from a business trip. Oooh...Sorry, a little TMI.

We've got flags with big Os; pom-poms in yellow and green, green or just plain yellow; old game season tickets (laminated so they can be used as bookmarks); baseball caps for almost every one of the Division I sports that the University of Oregon has - reads something like "Oregon ______" - you fill in the blank (i.e. baseball, football, track), we got it; headbands; buffs - like the ones they wear on the TV show "Survivor" except the word "Oregon" is spelled out all over them in a shade of highlighter yellow; license plate frames; T-shirts - long-sleeved, short-sleeved, no-sleeved, with words and pictures, words only, pictures only or just one letter - you guessed it: "O"; hoodies and sweatshirts along the same lines of those T-Shirts; golf balls; Christmas ornaments and even cuff links! Really, cufflinks in the shape of the big green "O". Can go with whatever white (or highlighter yellow) dress shirt that you or your Significant Other owns.

All must go. Our home is beginning to look like an episode of the A & E show: Hoarders, except our stuff is all yellow and green with the letter O sprinkled all over it. It's spilling from our closets, our cabinets, our bookshelves and from behind our couches. I'm tripping over green and yellow things..oh gosh, there I go again - TMI - sorry!

An added plus: the stuff is vintage, dating back to the early 90's, when The Hubby first started at said esteemed University. You will find every last bit of anything wearable, stickable, postable, storable and hangable that has the Oregon logo, mascot and colors (dark green and highlighter yellow).


All must go. And fast. No, really fast, like by tomorrow night. Did I mention this already? These items must go because I would like to live in a home where the main theme is not a big O or Puddles the Duck (really, that truly is the name of the school's mascot - I kid you not).

I will set the boxes out on the porch. I've even thrown in about 15 of those stuffed duck mascots in various sizes that the kids have received from their grandparents from the time they were each born into this world. Trust me, they don't need them. They've been significantly brainwashed and more than likely, could stitch up another stuffed duck from memory while sleeping.

Interested parties, please respond via email at "sufferingwifeoforegonduckfan@yahoo.com"

Free me of the yellow and green. Please. Please. I beg of you.



Disclaimer (for the Oregon duck fans in my life): This post does not express the views of the writer. It's a writing prompt for goodness sakes, brought to you by Red Writing Hood in which we were asked to imagine you’ve just had a fight with a friend, a co-worker, husband, significant other, child – you get the picture. You’re mad. It’s time for revenge.
What would you sell?
Write a humorous listing for eBay or Craig’s List. Talk about the history of the items, why they must go.



20 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love how realistic you made it by using the craigslist categories at the top. Liked your reference to hoarding and A&E. This post left me hoping someone would email you and take everything off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which was funnier, the post itself or the disclaimer at the end swearing that that wasn't really your opinion! LOL Here's to hoping someone replies...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! Green and yellow don't go together very well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My step-dad would be there in a heartbeat.
    Loved it. And the disclaimer is awesome. Being Oregon-raised, I felt this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is, "Thank goodness my alma mater's colors are navy and white."

    No one realizes I decorated my dining room in school spirit colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Ducks!

    Oh. Wait. I mean...

    GO, Ducks!

    Clever post. As someone who had to rid her home of 49-er gear (a trash can? really?) I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandyland,

    I have to admit, that I myself am a passionate Oregon Duck fan (the hubby's brainwashed me too) so my "ad" might be a little misleading. However, I do believe in moderation. I'm a NY Yankees fan too, but you don't see Navy Pinstripes all over the walls of my home? Hmmm...:-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. CDG - LOL! You wouldn't happen to be a Penn State fan, would you? And I actually do like the yellow and green -- Oregon's two colors do compliment each other well. Every now and then they break out the highlighter yellow shade, and that's when I start reaching for my sunglasses. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol so fun. I wad hoping it was real and someone really would free you of the yellow and green. I got too involved in it lol great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too much of anything (except for chocolate, obviously) is not good! Out with the green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "old game season tickets (laminated so they can be used as bookmarks)" seriously made me laugh out loud.

    90's Vintage! Ha and ouch.

    As a woman who went to college in the 90's in Oregon (ahem) I truly feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOOOOOO!!!! As a Dallas Cowboys Memorabilia collector (what my hubby calls dust-catchers) I refuse to let you do this to your husband! No. No. No. No.

    LOL!
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am against any and all collections. Call your "fictional" husband a hoarder. He'll love that, I'm sure.

    I'm with you...out! Begone!

    (Although I think the laminated ticket detail is hilarious. I mean, that took time and effort....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have just made me love my DH even more for not having this hoarding gene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i SO know fans like this. They are Auburn ones! Their wedding was blue and orange and white. I can see another 20 yrs leading to an overabundance like this! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your disclaimer!! Too funny!

    Are you on Twitter? Because I'm including your comment on my blog in my Saturday favorites post as my favorite comment of the week! I'm a huge Zoolander fan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to date someone with an obsession I would gladly have listed on Craig's List! Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering about that before I read the disclaimer. I didn't remember that much yellow and green around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big difference between a fan and fanatic, eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brandon,

    Totally!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please...speak your mind!